My photo
Stellar Events is Ottawa's premier wedding and event planning company. Let us worry about the details so that you can enjoy your next event. Our goal is to make sure your event is: Stellar!

Friday, April 30, 2010

A Bit About Me

Thanks for visiting my blog! Since I launched my business in 2008, I have had the pleasure of working with so many amazing couples and very talented vendors. Along the way, people have asked why I didn't have a blog so I thought it was about time that I start. My hopes are that this blog will become a useful resource for couples newly engaged, and for people looking for ideas for an upcoming event they are planning.

I figured for my first post I would tell you a bit more about myself. Although I launched my business two years ago, I have been involved in events for the last ten years. I have a background in Public Relations, so I did numerous media related events in Toronto before I moved back to my home town of Ottawa and started my business. Dealing with the media for many years gave me the experience to work really well with tight deadlines and come up with creative solutions to challenges in short time frames. I bring this knowledge and experience to every event I work on, whether it is a wedding or corporate special event. But more importantly: I absolutely love what I do and I think my enthusiasm is contagious! I have been told many times by couples and vendors that I have worked with, that no matter what challenge I may be dealing with at a given time, I always have a smile on my face and figure out a solution to whatever I am working on.

Last year I was honoured to be nominated and a top finalist for the 2009 TD Canada Trust People's Choice Business Awards for New Business of the Year and Young Business Person of the Year. It was amazing to be recognized by the people I have worked with, especially after the first year of being in business!

That is just a bit more about me and my background - hope you come back and visit my blog again soon!



Photo by Tripp Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment