My photo
Stellar Events is Ottawa's premier wedding and event planning company. Let us worry about the details so that you can enjoy your next event. Our goal is to make sure your event is: Stellar!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

2010 Young Business Person of the Year




Last week I was honoured to receive the Young Business Person of the Year Award for the 2010 TD Canada Trust People's Choice Award for the Orleans Chamber of Commerce. I was born and raised in Orleans, so it means so much to be recognized by my community this way, especially since I am just going into my third year of business! It has been a very exciting journey so far and I can't wait to see how it continues to unfold. I have met and had the pleasure to work with so many people so far, and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

Most people in business face multiple challenges, and I think that being a young entrepreneur has a few additional challenges to add to the typical list! Seeing other people my age succeeding in business is very inspiring to me, and definitely helps motivate me when I start to feel overwhelmed. When I accepted this award, I did it on behalf of the two other finalists in my category: Jenna Majkot from Dahlia Party & Event Decor and Jeff Stoveld/Adam Quinn Taylor of Top of the Hill Bakery, who are successful young business people in Ottawa and should be recognized for their contribution to our community. Congratulations to all the nominees, especially the finalists.

I am blessed to be able to do what I love for a living, and I would not be where I am today without the continued support and encouragement of my family and friends - especially my parents! It is because of them that I am living my dream, and I am truly grateful.

Thank you to everyone that voted for me, it means the world to me!

Me with my parents after the awards gala - so happy they were there to share the moment with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment